Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here's the Wild Thing...

Blogging...day 2!!

I recently saw the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are. And I can’t say I was happy.

Where the Wild Things Are was one of my absolute favorite books when I was little. I can't tell you how many times I had my dad read it to me. Or how many more times I read it myself. I STILL enjoy reading it.

The book was short, simple, and to the point. And I wonder…how could you possibly create a movie out of this book? And I’m not sure how I feel about them trying.

The beauty of this book is its simplicity. It said so much in so few words. And now they are complicating and adding to it…and I just don’t know.

I will watch it to give it a chance…but I definitely have reservations!

All I gotta say is: The dinner better still be hot damn it!

If you care to watch the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment